On 15 February 2018, Hryhorii Plachkov, Chairman of the State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate of Ukraine, presented the public report within the SNRIU Board meeting.
Vitalii Petruk, Head of the State Agency of Ukraine on Exclusion Zone Management, members of SNRIU Board, representatives of the Presidential Administration of Ukraine, Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, central office of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, Committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on Environmental Policy, Natural Resources and Mitigation of Chornobyl Accident Consequences, Chornobyl Shelter Fund and EBRD Nuclear Safety Account in Ukraine, central executive authorities, public organizations and mass media, directors of state enterprises participated in the meeting.
The public report included information on measures performed in 2017, results of completed tasks, use of state budget funds and other activities of the SNRIU and administrative authorities. The presentations were made by:
Hryhorii Plachkov, SNRIU Chairman;
Borys Stoliarchuk, Head of Directorate on Nuclear Installation Safety;
Nataliia Rybalka, Head of Radioactive Waste Management Department – Head of Decommissioning Division – State Inspector;
Ruslana Tripailo, Deputy Head of Radiation Safety Department, Head of Radiation Source Safety Division – State Inspector;
Serhii Lopatin, Head of Department on Nuclear Security and Safeguards – State Inspector.
Hryhorii Plachkov summed up the meeting, answered the questions of the participants and defined the most important priorities of the SNRIU in 2018:
- supervise implementation of measures of the Comprehensive (Integrated) Safety Improvement Program for Ukrainian NPPs;
- present the National Report of Ukraine on Compliance with the Joint Convention during the Sixth Review Meeting;
- ensure regulatory support to making decision on:
- long-term operation of Zaporizhzhya NPP unit 4 and Rivne NPP unit 3;
- commissioning of Startup Stage-1 of the New Safe Confinement;
- commissioning of the Spent Fuel Storage Facility – 2.
According to SNRIU press service