Report on SNRIU Activities for 2019
The State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate of Ukraine presented the activity report for 2019. The document was introduced by SNRIU Chairman Grygoriy Plachkov.
The report covers all the areas of SNRIU activities: operational activities (implementation of the state budget, rule-making, anti-corruption activities, public and mass media relations, etc.) and regulatory activities on safety of nuclear installations, radiation sources, radioactive waste management, Shelter of both the Inspectorate itself and its regional offices.
In 2019, according to the report, the main achievements of the State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate are as follows:
- The Law of Ukraine “On Amending Certain Laws of Ukraine in Nuclear Energy Use” was adopted;
- An individual permit for the first delivery of nuclear fuel for the nuclear subcritical facility “Neutron Source” was issued to the Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology;
- The Eighth National Report on the fulfillment of obligations under the Convention on Nuclear Safety was approved and submitted to the IAEA ;
- Long-term operation was provided for Khmelnitsky NPP Unit 1 and South Ukraine NPP Unit 3;
- An Agreement was signed between the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and SNRIU on amendment No. 2 to the Grant Agreement (Chornobyl NPP Nuclear Safety Project) between EBRD, CMU and SNRIU on 8 July 2009.
- Representation of Ukraine at the 63rd Session of the IAEA General Conference, meetings of the Western European Nuclear Regulators Association (WENRA), 26th Annual VVER Forum, 31st Annual Information Conference of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
The entire report can be downloaded here.
According to the SNRIU