The educational project and communication platform “Chornobyl. Journey”, created on the scrolling principle – interactive dynamic stories with a large number of multimedia elements (photos, videos, audio, animations), which are activated by scrolling. This is a continuation of the multimedia exhibition dedicated to the 35th anniversary of the Chornobyl tragedy.
The platform consists of six conditional sections:
- immersion in the context of the shocking “1986”;
- study of the anatomy of the “Catastrophe” and its consequences;
- scientific view of the accident in the “Atom” block;
- stories of “People”, whose destinies are inextricably linked with the events of 26 April 1986;
- study of the Exclusion Zone, where “Nature” is the only master;
- talk about Chornobyl’s “Today, tomorrow”.
Documents from the KGB archives marked “Top Secret” are published on the platform for the first time, the myths about the Chornobyl accident were debunked, here you can get familiarized with the live chronicles and artistic endeavors about the tragedy and international experience of overcoming the disasters, listen to professional discussions on the future of the Exclusion Zone and take a look at the Chornobyl NPP and certain locations of the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone from a bird’s eye view.
You can join the project by telling your Chornobyl story or sharing your thoughts on the future of the Exclusion Zone.
A team of more than two hundred professionals worked on the project: from historians to radiologists.